Courses and Exams
HWGTA offers a variety of training courses for businesses and individuals throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Looking to upskill, improve or refresh your team's knowledge or your own? At HWGTA, we deliver high quality, innovative training, working alongside nationally recognised awarding bodies and also our own in-house designed training programmes. If you're a business and you are looking for a more bespoke training package, get in touch to find out how we can tailor packages to meet your business needs.
- 18th Edition 3 day
City and Guilds 2382-18, 18th Edition targeted towards practicing electricians, designers, surveyors and anyone who needs to have an understanding of the IEE Wiring Regulations
- AAT Exams
HWGTA is an assessment centre for AAT examinations, this booking system is only available to those booking individual exams for which study has been completed independently.
- Advanced Excel
This course builds upon the Intermediate Excel course so we strongly encourage delegates to complete the Intermediate course first. The course assumes a working knowledge of more complex, nested Excel functions such as IF, AND and OR as well as the ability use named cell ranges in a VLOOKUP with confidence.
The core focuses of the training are:
- Creating, using and editing Macros
- Providing an introduction to VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) general programming concepts
- Customisation of Excel menus and toolbars
- Creation of bespoke forecasting and tracking tools using control objects
- Using of What If? and goal-seeking forecasting analyses
- Use of Excel Solver (a scenario modelling tool)
- Creation of advanced charts and use of statistical functions
This course always makes a huge difference to delegates by giving them clear techniques to practice. Encouragement, support and self-belief are imparted and a clear change in confidence guaranteed
- Change Management/ Managing the Process of Change
With the constant state of change in our businesses this course gives key skills to planning and implementing change as well as helping employees navigate successfully through periods of challenging change
- Culture and Ethics
This one day course is for senior or more experienced managers who have the position to affect the culture of their companies. Culture plays a massive part in the success of every company, and a powerful, life-affirming culture creates staff who similarly are powerful and life affirming.
- Data Protection GDPR
Ideal for new employees as well as existing employees who require a basic knowledge of Data Protection
- Data Security Best Practice
This course is aimed at managers and all staff involved in handling and processing digital and paper-based data. It would also benefit those responsible for developing their organisation’s digital or IT policy
- Developing and Leading High Performing Teams
This course is for leaders/managers who aspire to take themselves and their teams from ‘good’ to ‘great’. Delegates will reflect on what makes a high performing team and their ability to lead one. They will look at strategies to enhance the way their team works and learn about the characteristics, roles, boundaries and dysfunctions of teams and how to communicate messages to their teams in a way that motivates and inspires them.
- Developing Resilience in the Workplace
This one day course will give you all the skills needed to develop a stronger mentality and easier application of coping strategies
- Disciplinary and Grievance Training
For Managers and Team leaders or anyone with responsibility for managing discipline and grievance in the workplace
- EDI Pearsons Level 3 Award in Education and Training
A teaching qualification which prepares learners for teaching and training in a wide range of contexts.
- Effective Time Management with Microsoft Outlook
This course is designed to increase knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and its use in time and work-flow management.
- Electrical Course - 2 days
Who is the course aimed at
- Domestic electricians moving into an Industrial environment
- Single skilled engineers moving into a multi skilled trade
- Anyone who has not had electrical training for 5 or more years
- Emergency First Aid (1 day)
Provides learners with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to provide appropriate care and manage life-threatening conditions, minor illness and injuries.
- Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence is believed to be eight times more important in the workplace than mental intelligence. This course explains EI, how to expand EI powers and how to use EI to maximise results
- Equality and Diversity
Vital guidance on how to promote positive inclusion in the workplace and put an end to prejudice.
- Feedback and Appraisals
This one day course is for managers who will need to give feedback to staff either via performance review or other feedback approaches
- Fire Warden/Awareness
Developed to benefit anyone wishing to become a fire warden in the workplace.
- First Aid at Work (3 day)
The qualification develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas: roles and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
- First Aid at Work Requalification (2 day)
Learners must repeat the qualification before their FAW certificate expires in order to remain qualified to provide First Aid. If not, the learner can still access the shortened course for up to one month after the certificate expires however during this period, learners are not qualified to provide First Aid.
- Giving Praise, Appreciation and Positive Feedback - A Daily Professional Practice
This one day course is for managers, team leaders, supervisors, who need to give praise, appreciation and positive feedback to staff either via a performance review or other feedback approaches
- High Performance Leadership
This high level one day masterclass is intended for people operating at a Senior Manager /Director level. It is aimed at helping good leaders become highly effective at a strategic level. Participants will gain a very intensive understanding of the advanced challenges and opportunities of leadership that will give them ‘the edge’
- High Performance Teams
This high level one day masterclass is intended for people operating at a Senior Manager /Director level. It is aimed at helping good teams become highly effective. Participants will gain a very intensive understanding of the advanced challenges and opportunities of teams that will give them ‘the edge’
- Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
Introduces candidates to substances, the risks and controls available, and outlines what to expect from a control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) assessment
- ILM 3 in Leadership and Management - online course!
HWGTA have now established an online training approach which will deliver our ILM (and other) courses that are usually delivered at our premises or in house at yours. We are committed to this remaining the ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted 2016) experience that you are used to from HWGTA!
This course is a unique opportunity for those new to Management or looking to consolidate their Management responsibilities with a internationally recognised Level 3 Qualification.
- ILM 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management - online course!
This course is a unique opportunity for Middle Managers, or those managers with a previous management qualification who are looking to increase their leadership skills with an internationally recognised Level 4 Qualification.
- The sessions will take the format of a ‘blended learning’ approach:
- 60% live interaction over the web via Zoom - Total of 12 x 2 hour sessions
- 20% video learning
- 20% tests/reflective time for the learner.
- It will include a mix of dynamic input from our superb trainers, online videos and access to a range of online resources.
- 3 ILM assignments outside of online time, plus coaching from the tutor.
- All learners benefit from free studying membership of ILM for a year, enabling ongoing management, leadership and personal development.
- The sessions will take the format of a ‘blended learning’ approach:
- ILM 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
This is an advanced/senior coaching qualification for those with a prior qualification or a fair amount of experience in coaching or related subjects.
The ILM 5 Coaching and Mentoring Certificate will arm the coach with the skills to operate at a high level of coaching for the more senior levels of the organisation. The techniques will be more advanced and refined than those taught at level 3.
- ILM 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management - ONLINE!
Designed for practicing managers, helping them develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities
- ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching
The Level 3 Coaching Award is for Individuals whose role involves improving the performance of key individuals.
Coaching is an explosive method of improving performance in individuals, whether a rapidly advancing person to tap their potential correctly, or a person who is stuck or has lost motivation.