HWGTA is an assessment centre for AAT examinations, this booking system is only available to those booking individual exams for which study has been completed independently.
Please choose a date and location for your exam, you will input your chosen exam and AAT information during the checkout process.
- When booking a synoptic exam, it is your responsibility to check that the AAT-determined synoptic window coincides with the exam date you are trying to book.
- If you are booking an Using Accountancy Software exam, you must ensure you select the exam with the version of SAGE you have practised with and are therefore using for the exam. If you are not sure, ask your AAT training provider/tutor. Note: If you are using Sage One/Sage Business Cloud you must ask your provider to send HWGTA your login details no later than 5 working days before the exam date.
- Please note you must arrive by 9.15 am to be ready to start the exam at 9.30 am.
- Failure to arrive on time will result in you being denied access to the examination room and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please bring with you an acceptable form of photographic ID, you may not be able to sit your exam if you do not present this prior to sitting your exam.
- Please bring with you a basic calculator; paper and pens are provided.
- All smart devices (including watches) are prohibited in the exam.
- If you are eligible for extra time you must provide HWGTA with the evidence no later than 7 days prior to your exam in order for this to be added.
General information for Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four mandatory unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
General information for Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
From January 2018, Indirect Tax will no longer be assessed in the synoptic assessment.
General information for Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete the three mandatory unit assessments and the one synoptic assessment plus unit assessments for two optional units to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%
- Are set and marked by AAT (with the exception of RPL, which is marked by the training provider)
- Are computer based
- Are time limited
- Are scheduled by training providers or assessment venues
- Take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions.
To achieve the qualification and to be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory assessments and the synoptic assessment.
Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all assessments contribute to the student’s overall grade for qualification.