Please read the below information in full ahead of booking your AAT assessment.
HWGTA is an assessment centre for AAT examinations, this booking system is only available to those booking individual exams for which study has been completed independently.
PLEASE NOTE: Prices for exams have been raised for assessments taking place after 1st September 2022 to £95.00. This is to account for AAT raising their assessment costs. If there are any queries, please fill out our contact form that is linked further down this page.
HWGTA will start to offer Q2022 AAT assessments from January 2023. Exam dates for these assessments will be bookable from the end of November 2022.
Important Update Regarding SPSH: The Spreadsheets for Accounting exam is charged at a different rate than other assessments we offer. Information on how to book this assessment at the reduced rate can be found under General Information for Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting, further down this page.
How to book an AAT Exam
Please choose a date and location for your AAT exam, you will input your chosen exam and AAT information during the checkout process.
By booking an AAT exam, you are confirming that you have read and understood the below:
- Please note you must arrive by 9.15 am to be ready to start the exam at 9.30 am. Failure to arrive on time may result in you being denied access to the examination room and you will not be entitled to a refund. Our cancellation, postponement, and non-attendance policy is written in full at the bottom of this page.
- Please bring with you an acceptable form of photographic ID. You may not be able to sit your exam if you do not present this when requested.
- Please bring with you a basic calculator and pens/pencils; paper is provided.
- All mobile phones and smart devices (including watches) are prohibited in the exam. They must be turned off and in your bag. Should your device sound during the assessment you will be immediately removed from the exam room, and we will act in accordance with AAT regulations surrounding suspected malpractice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your AAT membership is up to date. Failure to have a valid and live membership will result in HWGTA being unable to register you for your assessment and may result in you being unable to sit your assessment on your chosen exam date.
- If you are eligible for extra time, it is your responsibility to notify HWGTA and provide us with supporting evidence no later than 7 days prior to your exam in order for this to be added.
- If you are booking a Using Accountancy Software exam, you must ensure you select the exam with the version of SAGE you have practised with and are therefore using for the exam. If you are not sure, ask your AAT training provider/tutor. We host Sage 50 and Sage One/Business Cloud. Note: If you are using Sage One/Sage Business Cloud it is your responsibility to ask your provider to send HWGTA your login details no later than 5 working days before the exam date. If you do not have a training provider and will be using Sage One/Business Cloud in your assessment, then we will be unable to host your AAT exam.
- When booking a synoptic assessment, it is your responsibility to check that the AAT-determined synoptic window coincides with the exam date you are trying to book.
- Are set and marked by AAT (with the exception of RPL, which is marked by the training provider)
- Are computer-based
- Are time-limited
- Are scheduled by training providers or assessment venues
- Take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions.
To achieve the qualification and to be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory assessments and the synoptic assessment.
Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all assessments contribute to the student’s overall grade for the qualification.
General information for Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four mandatory unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
General information for Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four-unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%. From January 2018, Indirect Tax will no longer be assessed in the synoptic assessment.
The Spreadsheets for Accounting exam is charged differently from all other assessments. Please use coupon code /AATL3Synoptic"2" which will bring the total to £46.00 for this one assessment. This assessment is limited to 2 hours, and you will be notified by your invigilator when your time is up. HWGTA do not offer the option of taking this exam away and returning to submit it.
General information for Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete the three mandatory unit assessments and the one synoptic assessment plus unit assessments for two optional units to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
We are very pleased to confirm that we are continuing to host our AAT exams in accordance with current government guidance. We are not requiring candidates to wear a face-covering when attending our centres.
Our decision was made in compliance with the recently amended government guidelines and is supported by AAT. If you wish to view a statement from the exam board and to read further details of their COVID-19 response, please follow the link below.
As this is an ever-changing situation, we are keeping a close eye on the official guidance and will continue to adapt our approach in accordance with it.
If you wish to find out more about Accountancy courses or Apprenticeships please complete our contact form or call us.
HWGTA Cancellation, Postponement and Non-Attendance Policy - AAT Exams
We have revised our cancellation, postponement and non-attendance policy. All bookings made after 25/06/2021 will fall under our new policy.
You remain able to cancel or postpone your AAT exam for free up until 7 days before your exam date. Once within 7 days of your exam, you will be unable to postpone your assessment. You will then only be able to cancel and re-book of your own accord through the website.
If you cancel your assessment within 7 days of your assessment and the reason is outside of what is considered extenuating, HWGTA maintains the right to retain the invigilation and administration fee and will refund you the remainder of your exam fee. If you wish to postpone, you must go through the process of cancellation, and then re-book through our website.
However, we will allow for extenuating circumstances within the 7-day deadline for postponing or cancelling your exam date free of charge. Circumstances will include but not be limited to; contracting or being symptomatic of COVID-19, other illnesses or bereavement. The assessment of what constitutes extenuating circumstances will be made at the discretion of our administrators.
Non-attendance with no communication before 9:00 am on the morning of your assessment will result in you forfeiting your place and payment, with HWGTA retaining the full cost of your examination. Exceptions to this will be made at the discretion of our administrators. You will not be contacted if you do not attend with no prior communication.
Late attendance with no prior communication may result in you being denied access to the exam room and forfeiting the full cost of your assessment.
If you have any queries about our cancellation, postponement or non-attendance policy, please fill out our contact form.