HWGTA is an assessment centre for AAT examinations, this booking system is only available to those booking individual exams for which study has been completed independently.
IMPORTANT UPDATE 06/01/2022: Due to recently updated government guidance, we are now requiring that all candidates adhere to the following:
- Wear a face covering when attending our centres at all times, especially when in public areas of the centre. You may be required to wear this for the duration of the assessment where social distancing cannot be fully maintained, however you may be given permission to remove them (if comfortable) at the discretion of the invigilator. We understand that there are candidates who may have exemptions. Please let us know ahead of time if this is the case for you.
- Candidates must give evidence of a negative lateral flow test that was taken within 24 hours of the assessment. This can be done by ordering a free testing kit (link below), and reporting the results (link also below). It is important that all results are recorded through the correct channels, otherwise you may be denied entry to the exam room.
Please follow the link below to order a free testing kit:
Please follow the link below to report your lateral flow result:
We are very pleased to confirm that we are continuing to host our AAT exams for the time being.
Our decision was made in compliance with the recently amended government guidelines and is supported by AAT. If you wish to view a statement from the exam board and to read further details of their COVID-19 response, please follow the link below.
As this is an ever-changing situation, we are keeping a close eye on the official guidance and will continue to adapt our approach in accordance with it. If any changes were to occur which meant that we would have to cease hosting exams, all candidates will be contacted immediately and the appropriate steps will be taken to reschedule or to refund, depending on how the individual candidate would like to proceed.
How to book an AAT Exam
Please choose a date and location for your AAT exam, you will input your chosen exam and AAT information during the checkout process.
Important information to note:
- Please note you must arrive by 9.15am to be ready to start the exam at 9.30am.
- Please bring with you an acceptable form of photographic ID, you may not be able to sit your exam if you do not present this prior to sitting your exam.
- Please bring with you a basic calculator and pens/pencils; paper is provided.
- All mobile phones and smart devices (including watches) are prohibited in the exam. They must be turned off and in your bag.
- Failure to arrive on time may result in you being denied access to the examination room and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you are eligible for extra time, it is your responsibility to notify HWGTA and provide us with supporting evidence no later than 7 days prior to your exam in order for this to be added.
- If you are booking a Using Accountancy Software exam, you must ensure you select the exam with the version of SAGE you have practised with and are therefore using for the exam. If you are not sure, ask your AAT training provider/tutor. We host Sage 50 and Sage One/Business Cloud. Note: If you are using Sage One/Sage Business Cloud it is your responsibility to ask your provider to send HWGTA your login details no later than 5 working days before the exam date. If you do not have a training provider and will be using Sage One/Business Cloud in your assessment, then we will be unable to host your AAT exam.
- When booking a synoptic assessment, it is your responsibility to check that the AAT-determined synoptic window coincides with the exam date you are trying to book.
- If booking a synoptic assessment at Level 3, you will now need to book this in two parts. Please read the instructions in General Information below.
General information for Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four mandatory unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%.
General information for Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete four unit assessments and one synoptic assessment to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%. From January 2018, Indirect Tax will no longer be assessed in the synoptic assessment.
*IMPORTANT - The Synoptic exam now falls in two parts, in order to sit both with HWGTA please book TWO places for the same date/location selecting "AAT Level 3 - Synoptic Assessment Part 1 (exam)" and "AAT Level 3 - Synoptic Assessment Part 2 (spreadsheets for accounting)" as your exam choices.
You will then need to enter the Coupon code /AATL3Synoptic"2" which will bring the total to £129. The exam is charged at £89 and the Spreadsheets for Accounting section is charged at £40 to cover invigilation.
Your AAT exam will be sat in the usual morning window at 9.30am with the Spreadsheets section in the afternoon - your invigilator will guide you on this.
General information for Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Students must successfully complete the three mandatory unit assessments and the one synoptic assessment plus unit assessments for two optional units to achieve this qualification. The proportion of this qualification assessed by external assessment is 100%
- Are set and marked by AAT (with the exception of RPL, which is marked by the training provider)
- Are computer based
- Are time limited
- Are scheduled by training providers or assessment venues
- Take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions.
To achieve the qualification and to be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory assessments and the synoptic assessment.
Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all assessments contribute to the student’s overall grade for qualification.
If you wish to find out more about Accountancy courses or Apprenticeships please complete our contact form or call us.
We have recently revised our cancellation and postponement policy. All bookings made after 25/06/2021 will fall under our new policy.
You will continue to be able to cancel or postpone your AAT exam for free up until 7 days before your exam date. Once within 7 days of your exam, you will unable to postpone your assessment. You will then only be able to cancel and re-book of your own accord through the website as originally done.
If you cancel your assessment within 7 days of your assessment and the reason is outside of what is considered extenuating, HWGTA maintains the right to retain the invigilation and administration fee (£40.00), and will refund you the remainder of your exam fee (£49.00). If you wish to postpone, you must go through the process of cancellation, and then re-book yourself through our website.
Non-attendance with no communication before 9:00am on the morning of your assessment will result in you forfeiting your place and payment, with HWGTA retaining the full cost of your examination. Exceptions to this will be made at the discretion of our administrators.
We will, however, allow for extenuating circumstances within the 7 day deadline for postponing or cancelling your exam date free of charge. Circumstances will include but not be limited to; contracting or being symptomatic of COVID-19, being contacted by track and trace and instructed to self-isolate, other illness or bereavement. The assessment of what constitutes as extenuating circumstances will be made at the discretion of our administrators.