Engineering Instructor ( CNC & CAD)
Hereford and Worcester
Responsible to: Engineering Operations Manager
Purpose: To assist in the successful and viable operation of the Association's Engineering Training Centre. To provide a high standard of training, development and service to all learners (Apprentice and Fee paying)
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain training standards within the allocated departments to those laid down by appropriate bodies, such as SEMTA, EAL and the Education Skills Funding Agency etc
- Prepare syllabuses with supportive methods and session plans, training specifications, assessment methods, records and programmes to meet the training needs of Group Member Companies and to conform to the requirements of national organisations such as SEMTA.
- Instruct, train and assess learners to achieve standards as laid down in appropriate training specifications.
- Monitor and assess learners in the Training Centre/ Apprentice Workplace, ensuring efficient progress is maintained and poor learner performance and/or progress is managed effectively.
- Carry out assessment activities in line with awarding body guidelines.
- Record learners’ progress and attainment of standards.
- Assist organisations in identifying training needs, designing and organising training solutions and delivering appropriate training and monitoring of successful conclusions.
- Carry out risk and COSHH assessments within allocated departments. Monitor and report on safety within employer premises.
- Achieve agreed individual targets allocated from the Business and Development Plan objectives, plus any personal development plan targets and contribute generally towards the achievements of the objectives of the Association.
- Maintain safety standards in line with the Health & Safety at Work Act and other appropriate legislation.
- Carry out duties in line with
- the Association’s Equality and Diversity policy
- self-assessment and other relevant quality procedures
- the Association’s Health and Safety policy
- the Associations purpose and core values
- Maintain allocated departments and associated plant, resource and equipment to a safe and efficient level.
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests for information and assistance.
- Take appropriate action for updating and self-development on all matters associated with training to improve personal effectiveness.
- Act as an excellent role model for Apprentice learners and as an excellent ambassador for HWGTA with all external contacts.
- Undertake all reasonable requests from the Engineering Operations Manager, Training Centre Manager, for work activities.
- Attend Apprentice residential events and support Apprentice physical training where appropriate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01432 377026 for a job description, person specification and application form.