Safeguarding statement: HWGTA take safeguarding very seriously and all successful applicants will be expected to go through a formal vetting process.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Trainer
The role will involve the development and delivery of accredited Health and Safety, First Aid, Fire Safety and Manual Handling training. We are now looking for a new member of staff to join our Management and Workforce Development Team on a full time or job share basis.
If you are passionate about teaching and training, occupationally competent and enjoy a challenge, we’d very much like to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- The delivery of both accredited and non-accredited health and safety training programmes to a broad and varied audience.
- Occasional travel to customer premises across Herefordshire and Worcestershire although most training will take place in our offices in Holmer Road, Hereford and McKenzie Way, Worcester.
- Assisting with the design of new and the refresh of existing courses including lesson plans, course programmes, presentations and other course materials as required and to meet the needs of both customers and the business.
- Ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others whilst at work and follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- A certified First Aid and IOSH Trainer.
- An experienced / knowledgeable health and safety professional with a background in teaching / assessing / education (at least 2 years industry.
- Previous experience teaching / training to a wide and varied audience of learners.
- Ability to work flexibly including occasional Saturdays and evenings Organised and punctual, an accommodating and flexible approach, ability to be creative, and to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and experience of developing, updating lesson plans and programmes.
- PTLLS, AET or equivalent training qualification.
- A certified Fire Warden & Awareness Trainer.
- A certified Manual Handling Trainer.
- A willingness to take on board new challenges and acquire new, relevant skills.
Please send a completed application form (link below) and your CV with a covering email to Louise Montgomery, HR Advisor - email@example.com
We look after our people, so that they can fully enjoy working life and can look after our customers to the highest standards. Benefits include:
For apprenticeship vacancies please click here.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, plus additional allowance to cover
- Christmas shut down (approximately 3-4 days per year)
- An option to request an additional 5 day's unpaid leave per year (Holiday year runs 1st September - 30th August)
- 5% company pension contribution
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Flexible working policy
- Access to significant internal opportunities for upskilling and development
- CPD policy which includes request for development that are not directly related to work role
- Mobile phones and company cars provided to those in appropriate work role
- Access to pool cars for business travel
- Free parking and refreshments
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Accrual of lieu time
- Celebration and teambuilding events
- Prioritising wellbeing
- Robust and well enforced, safeguarding, bullying, harassment, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
- Level 1 Westfield Health Care
- Understand and uphold the highest levels of confidentiality