FREE Numeracy Training - Multiply
Are you looking to enhance your numeracy skills? In addition to improving your numeracy skills, we will support you on your learner journey in preparation to achieve Functional Skills at Level 2 qualification?
DID YOU KNOW that half of UK working age population (17million in England) have the numeracy skills of primary school children?
HWGTA are here to help! Our Multiply initiative is designed to upskill Worcestershire residents numeracy skills by offering FREE training to help you to fulfil your potential.
- Need skills to develop confidence when managing your household finances?
- Want to be able to help your children with their homework?
- Need help to set and keep to a budget?
- Want to understand the impact of economic changes and interest rates?
- Do you work in a role that requires numeracy, or are you seeking a new job?
You can join if you are:
- Aged 19 and over
- Live in Worcestershire
- Do not have a Level 2 (or grade c/grade 4) maths
- Not currently studying functional skills maths
The one-day (over 6 hoiurs) "MULTIPLY" course content covers:
In the Morning Session – Managing a Budget
The session will enable you to build on the following numeracy skills and skills on budgeting.
- Adding and Subtracting
- Multiplying and Dividing
- Column Calculations
- Calculations with decimals
In the Afternoon Session - Promotions and Discounts
The session will enable you to build on the following numeracy skills and skills on understanding promotions and discounts.
- Calculations with Fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Mean, Mode and Range
- Calculations with Ratios and Formulas and Money
Additional training will be offered FREE upto 20 hours including support, preparation and signposting to take the Level 2 exam in Maths Functional Skills