The course includes both theory elements and a practical elements, covering everything necessary to successfully achieve the City & Guilds Level 3 examination, with certification awarded to successful candidates
The Legal Requirement to Test:
- Class 1, II and III appliances
- Safety Risks & Typical Faults
- Frequency of Testing
- Earth Bond Resistance Tests
- Insulation Resistance Tests
- Earth Leakage & Touch Current
- Load / Run Testing
- HV Flash Testing - Yes or No?
- Testing Office PC's & IT Equipment
We recommend that delegates attending the City and Guilds PAT Testing course have a read and look at the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 5th Edition.
Its available on the internet at various places including Amazon. Its not mandatory but it will assist delegates on what to expect on the training beforehand. It would be useful also to bring this with them to the training.