Manual Handling Training (practical and theory)
Over 36% of all work related injuries are from manual handling. In fact back injuries are the biggest cause of staff absence in the UK and yet most are preventable! This course gives employees the skills and knowledge, how to improve manual handling techniques, move and handle loads safely and be able to conduct a personal manual handling risk assessment. Can be tailored to the workplace/job.
By the end of the course the candidates will:
- Understand the anatomy of the spine and the causes of back pain, how to prevent this.
- Know how to carry out basic Manual Handling Assessments.
- Understand current Manual Handling and associated Legislation.
- Demonstrate the Principles of safer Manual Handling.
- Identify unsafe systems of work.
- Select and use the right work equipment for their job