ILM 3 in Leadership and Management - online course!
This course is a unique opportunity for those new to Management or looking to consolidate their Management responsibilities with a internationally recognised Level 3 Qualification.
- The sessions will take the format of a ‘blended learning’ approach:
- 60% live interaction over the web via Zoom - Total of 8 x 2 hour sessions
- 20% video learning
- 20% tests/reflective time for the learner.
- It will include a mix of dynamic input from our superb trainers, online videos and access to a range of online resources.
- 4 mini ILM assignments outside of online time, plus coaching from the tutor.
- All learners benefit from free studying membership of ILM for a year, enabling ongoing management, leadership and personal development.
Benefits for learners
- Learners gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in own role
- Build leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop leadership skills using own knowledge, values and motivations
Impact for employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to employer's business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to organisation's learning and development needs
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will:
- Normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands.
- Have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme – which is likely to be Level 2 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or their equivalent.
- Learners who are sponsored by their employers and those without such sponsorship are equally eligible.
Dates for the ILM 3 online course are:
Day 1 - 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Day 2 - as above
Day 3 - as above
Day 4r - as above
- Introduction & Induction - Fill out registration form - Personal Introductions - A-Z Team Exercise - Belbin Report - Tuckman Theory + Discussion
Review previous session - 7 Styles Feedback - Explain leadership theory - Famous leaders’ identification - Company demographic
Review previous session - Hot-seat grilling from tutor/motivational speech - Transactional model communication - Brainstorm: active listening - Mehrabian/Body Language
6 Part Personality Model - Emotional Intelligence - Top ten human fears - Dealing with nerves - 7 golden rules - Motivational speech
A philosophy of conflict - Personal conflict calculation - The conflict curve - Conflict methods - Self and company evaluation
How conflict relates to personality - The ten difficult people types - Am I a difficult person - Company/team analysis
Motivation - Self Motivation - Team Motivation - Motivation models - Adams assessment
Personal presentations - Feedback and future planning