ILM 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
This is an advanced/senior coaching qualification for those with a prior qualification or a fair amount of experience in coaching or related subjects.
Coaching and mentoring are two very different and specific tools in a manager’s toolbox. This course will help you to understand the difference between them including identifying the different type of results. You will learn how to deliver both approaches and how to embed these skills in day to day practice. The ILM 5 Coaching and Mentoring Certificate will arm the coach with the skills to operate at a high level of coaching for the more senior levels of the organisation. The techniques will be more advanced and refined than those taught at level 3.
The training will cover the following areas:
- Define what coaching and mentoring are
- Understand the organisational benefits of Coaching and Mentoring
- Map the characteristics of great Coaches and Mentors
- Identify the key components of Coaching and Mentoring
- Look at various coaching models
- Discuss the use of power in coaching
- Consider a selection of diagnostic tools to understand clients
- Identify the results and barriers relating to mentoring
- Understand how to use feedback
- State how to evaluate the results of coaching and mentoring