ILM 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management - online course!
This course is a unique opportunity for Middle Managers, or those managers with a previous management qualification who are looking to increase their leadership skills with an internationally recognised Level 4 Qualification.
- The sessions will take the format of a ‘blended learning’ approach:
- 60% live interaction over the web via Zoom - Total of 12 x 2 hour sessions
- 20% video learning
- 20% tests/reflective time for the learner.
- It will include a mix of dynamic input from our superb trainers, online videos and access to a range of online resources.
- 3 ILM assignments outside of online time, plus coaching from the tutor.
- All learners benefit from free studying membership of ILM for a year, enabling ongoing management, leadership and personal development.
Benefits for learners
- Learners gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in own role
- Build leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop leadership skills using own knowledge, values and motivations
Impact for employers
- Effective and confident middle managers
- Better relationships, sharper strategic vision and stronger communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to employer's business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to organisation's learning and development needs
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will:
- Normally be a leader with a fair amount of experience with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands.
- Have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme – which is likely to be Level 2 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or their equivalent.
- Learners who are sponsored by their employers and those without such sponsorship are equally eligible.
Dates for the ILM 4 online course are:
Day 1 - 10.00am - 12.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Day 2 - as above
Day 3 - as above
Day 4 - as above
Day 5 - as above
Day 6 - as above
- Introduction & Induction - Fill out registration form - Personal Introductions – Leadership profile – Goleman leadership styles
Review previous session – 3 types of emotional intelligence – Emotional intelligence leadership profile
Review previous session – Motivational ideas – self profile of motivation – Motivational analyses
Six motivational models – application and analysis of models in the workplace – Motivational presentation and/or LAB profile
Coaching essentials – Comparison of coaching and training – Active listening skills – Coaching questions – Coaching models – Coaching demonstration – Coaching practice
What makes a good trainer – Communication skills activity – Teaching pyramid – Training sessions for each delegate
Kubler-Ross and John Fisher change curves – Implications and management of emotions during change
Mahoney’s 13% rule and scarcity/tipping point/social proof – ADKAR change model for stuck individuals - Lewin and Kotter Change plans
Advanced presentation skills – Fluency calculator – How to speak without notes – Mehrabian’s rule and application
Practice presentations in groups – Use of visual aids – Scoping for assessment on final day
Session Eleven and Twelve
Delegate presentations – Self-assessment/Peer assessment/Tutor assessment – Tutorial and recognition of strengths and planning for improvement