Who is this course aimed at?
This one day course is for anyone who finds themselves in a position of having to conduct critical conversations either at home or at work. Do you ever put off tackling conversations with others, do you find excuses or delay the conversation thinking the issue will go away or is not as important as you at first thought? Would you really like to converse with people in an honest and open way and be able to voice your thoughts without fear of retribution? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then this is the course for you!
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
Learn how to talk to almost anyone about anything, to handle life's most difficult and important conversations. This is a one day introduction to the book 'Crucial Conversations’ and includes some of principles of the 'seven Habits of highly effective People' by Stephen R Covey.
The training will cover the following areas:
- What makes a conversation crucial – how to spot conversations that are keeping you from what you want.
- Defining the outcome you want from the conversation.
- Learn to look for when a conversation is needed – understanding your own preferences and style- what holds you back from the conversation.
- How to create safety for both people to be open and honest – how to notice when you or the other person become withdrawn or aggressive.
- Mastering the stories we tell ourselves about other people – learn how to create emotions that support healthy conversations.
- Learn the skills to say risky things in a way that minimises defensiveness – learn practical skills that keep you in discussion, even when negative emotions try to get in the way.
- Taking action – Identifying how to hold people accountable for the actions you agree during the conversation.
No formal assessment
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Melanie Morgan at Melanie@hgta.org