Who is this course aimed at?
Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels Training in our Hereford office The course is aimed at all people who may need to mount wheels or maintain grinding machinery eg operator/craftsman or those who are responsible for grinding operations and grinding machinery.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
There are no formal qualifications required to attend the course. Experience of manufacturing operations that involves the use of abrasives is an advantage.
• Hazard awareness • Regulation familiarity • Standard wheel shapes • Wheel characteristics • Standard marking system • Wheel selection • Function and correct method of assembling all components • Machine spindle and wheel speeds • Trueing and dressing of wheel • Adjustment of work rest • Safety precautions prior to starting • Wheel mounting examples • Wheel balancing
After attending the course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of safe systems of work in grinding operations
- Assess grinding wheel condition
- Carry out grinding wheel removal and fitting
- Carry out dressing and trueing of wheels
- Carry out balancing of precision grinding wheels
There is a short informal multiple choice questionnaire at the end of the instruction period.
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org