Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at installation engineers, service engineers who wish to increase knowledge or multiskilling. This course runs over three days: Maximum number of delegates is 6 - please book early to avoid disappointment. 3 day course:
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
Basic Electrical knowledge is essential for this course. Some fluid power and previous PLC experience would be advantageous.
The course starts off with an introduction to programmable logic controllers, covering the basic knowledge of hardware and the types of connected peripheral devices. It then leads on to provide the delegates with knowledge of programming language and how the software and hardware interact. This will be followed by electro pneumatic control and PLC networking. Content varies between simulation and wiring exercises.
- Identify types of PLCs & understand logic functions
- Identify IEC 61131 -3 program elements for contacts, coils, memory bit flags, timers, counters
- Create a simple ladder program with rung comments and I/O allocation names
- Hardwire digital and analogue devices to the PLC including switches, proximity sensors, contactors, solenoid coils
- Configuring systems to establish communication via direct connection or via a network
- Create sequential programs with more advanced functions
- Electro pneumatic control
- Search, fault find & edit programs
Practical exercises followed by multiple choice Q & A
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01432 377027