Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those who want to learn the fundamentals of paediatric first aid. It is suitable for: parents, grandparents, foster carers, babysitters, nannies, as well as the nursery, creche, and primary/senior school staff, junior church workers and anyone who is responsible for the welfare of infants and children. Paediatric first aid looks at the care of infants (under 1 year old) and children (1 year old to puberty).
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
There are no specific entry requirements. The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above.
On completed of this training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the paediatric first aider assisting infants and children including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking, who is wounded and bleeding, suffering from shock or experiencing anaphylactic shock
Assessment both practical and written
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at email@example.com