Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at meeting the guidelines and criteria laid down by the DfED Early Years Foundation Stage (EYES) and OFSTED. HWGTA is an approved centre with TQUK - an Ofqual recognised Awarding Organisation. It is suitable for all school, staff, childminders, nannies, nursery and pre-school workers, sport and leisure staff, creche leaders, parents, foster carers and anyone who is responsible for the welfare of infants and children. Paediatric first aid looks at the care of infants (under 1 year old) and children (1 year old to puberty)
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
No previous experience or qualifications required.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the paediatric first aider assisting infants and children in many different emergencies see below for objectives:
- Preventing cross infection
- Recording incidents and action
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is:
- Unresponsive and breathing normally
- Unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- In anaphylactic shock
- Experiencing the effects of extreme hot and cold
- Administer first aid to a casualty who has:
- Injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Head and spinal injuries
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Sickle cell, anaemia, diabetes, asthma, allergies, meningitis and febrile seizures
- Sustained an electric shock
- Burns or scalds
- Been poisoned
- Been bitten or stung
- Minor injuries
Written and practical assessment
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at email@example.com **** 1 day Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course - Level 3 also available ****