Who is this course aimed at?
This high level day course is typically intended for senior managers/Directors. It is aimed at helping leaders move from a day to day ‘solutions focus’ mind set to developing high level strategic thinking. You will understand the core elements of a practical ‘strategy toolkit’ that will lead to your business having the competitive advantage you need. The course is spread over 2 days as you can see we have put a 5 week gap in the middle of each session so that delegates can take what they have learnt on day 1 and apply some of the learning/frameworks to their organisations before coming back on day 2. Support from the trainer will be offered in between the 2nd session.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
It is anticipated that applicants will already have a good level of management experience and be in a role that is linked developing their business. For those who have no previous leadership and management experience, a conversation will be needed to discuss suitability. There are no academic assignments as the course is based on a blended mix of theory/learning and practical application to their business.
Benefits for learners:
- Understand the need for competitive advantage in a changing world
- Develop understanding of strategic analysis tools
- Re-run your companies SWOT analysis at a totally different level
- Develop strategic leadership abilities to underpin your day-to-day management
- Understand your business at a much deeper level
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to develop the competitive edge
- Through the analysis tools develop plans that provide clear and measurable benefits to business
The 2 day course is made up of a broad range of elements of strategic analysis theory/techniques that are then applied to your organisation. Whilst the course will be tailored to attendees needs, envisage component elements are as follows:
- Understanding the need for change in a competitive world
- The 4 key strategic questions
- External and Internal impacts (PEST analysis)
- Competitor analysis
- Understanding key stakeholders: Power and influence
- Understanding your key strategic assets and leveraging against them
- Analysing and developing culture
- All the above leading to a refreshed SWOT analysis for your business
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org