Who is this course aimed at?
This high level day course is typically intended for senior managers/Directors. It is aimed at helping leaders move from a day to day ‘solutions focus’ mind set to developing high level strategic thinking. You will understand the core elements of a practical ‘strategy toolkit’ that will lead to your business having the competitive advantage you need. The course is spread over 2 days as you can see we have put a 5 week gap in the middle of each session so that delegates can take what they have learnt on day 1 and apply some of the learning/frameworks to their organisations before coming back on day 2. Support from the trainer will be offered in between the 2nd session. Day 2 = 22nd September 2020
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
It is anticipated that applicants will already have a good level of management experience and be in a role that is linked developing their business. For those who have no previous leadership and management experience, a conversation will be needed to discuss suitability. There are no academic assignments as the course is based on a blended mix of theory/learning and practical application to their business.
Benefits for learners:
- Understand the need for competitive advantage in a changing world
- Develop understanding of strategic analysis tools
- Re-run your companies SWOT analysis at a totally different level
- Develop strategic leadership abilities to underpin your day-to-day management
- Understand your business at a much deeper level
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to develop the competitive edge
- Through the analysis tools develop plans that provide clear and measurable benefits to business
The 2 day course is made up of a broad range of elements of strategic analysis theory/techniques that are then applied to your organisation. Whilst the course will be tailored to attendees needs, envisage component elements are as follows:
- Understanding the need for change in a competitive world
- The 4 key strategic questions
- External and Internal impacts (PEST analysis)
- Competitor analysis
- Understanding key stakeholders: Power and influence
- Understanding your key strategic assets and leveraging against them
- Analysing and developing culture
- All the above leading to a refreshed SWOT analysis for your business
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org