Who is this course aimed at?
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is typically intended for senior managers, helping them to develop leadership skills and strategy which could be implemented at a senior level.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
It is anticipated that applicants already have a management qualification at a lower level – potentially ILM Level 3 or 4. For those who have no previous leadership and management qualifications an interview with the course provider will be arranged to discuss suitability. This course requires the completion of academic assignments which require research and referencing. It is, therefore, an expectation that learners have the necessary levels of literacy skills. Dates: 1st May, 5th June, 3rd July, 7th August and 5th September 2018
Benefits for learners:
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development
- This qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your organisational development needs
This course runs over 5 days: 4th, 19th July, 23rd August, 22nd September, 25th October 2016
The qualification is made up of a broad range of units covering skills in six core areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources. The flexibility in unit choice allows the qualification to be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and employer. Programmes will be designed around a selection of the following modules:
|Leading innovation and change||Developing and leading teams|
|Advanced Problem Solving||Managing stress and conflict|
|Assessing own leadership performance||Managing projects|
|Managing improvement||Managing resources|
|Making professional presentations||Managing recruitment|
|Understanding the management role||Organisational codes and ethics|
|Understanding Emotional Intelligence||Effective leadership|
Depending on the units selected a choice of: work-based assignments, reflective reviews, oral presentations, written reports and completion of distance learning workbooks.
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at email@example.com