Who is this course aimed at?
This qualification has been designed to help participants develop a wide range of middle management and leadership skills. To meet the needs of today’s busy managers the course is delivered via a very flexible mode incorporating attendance at monthly workshops plus an element of workbook learning.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
Preferably ILM Level 3 Award or equivalent qualification will have been completed prior to attending this training but not essential if leadership experience and educational experience is appropriate.
This course is made up of four mandatory units, totalling 14 credits, plus eight credits from a wide choice of optional units. The mandatory units concentrate upon understanding the leadership and management role, together with planning and developing leadership through practical activities. Optional units range from ‘Delegating authority in the workplace’ to ‘Managing meetings’, allowing learners to concentrate on skills most relevant to their own personal development needs. There is a significant degree of focus on evaluating and reflecting upon individual levels of expertise in each section and identifying areas for on-going continual professional development.
- Understanding the management role
- Advanced Management and leadership styles
- Evaluate own management and leadership skills
- Plan and prioritise personal development opportunities to improve performance
- Practical leadership and management training day incorporating leadership and management tasks
- Managing and implementing change in the workplace
- Principles and tools of change management
- Planning change and effectively communicating the process
- Barriers, risk and contingencies
- Management communication
- Effective presentations for managers
- Manage stress in the workplace
- Responsibilities in relation to work-related stress, methods to manage own stress, sources of support, causes and indicators of stress
- Planning practical leadership activities
- Developing leadership through practical activities
Depending on the units selected a choice of: work-based assignments, reflective reviews, oral presentations, written reports and completion of distance learning workbooks.
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org