Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at practicing or potential first line managers. Dates for this course: 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th October 2019.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
It is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but have had no formal training and are serious about developing their abilities. The course particularly supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management as well as those new to the role. This is a natural progression for those who have already attended our Preparing to Supervise course (it is not a mandatory requirement that this has been completed). Benefits for individuals
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities.
Over the 4 days the course covers:-
- Course introduction and induction including ILM membership
- Leadership and Management Styles
- Building the team
- Motivating to perform in the workplace
- Conflict resolution and handling difficult people
- Setting Objectives
- Managing Performance
- Communication in the Workplace
- Briefing and Presentation Skills
Assessment is through completion of approximately two ILM assignments (depending upon which units are included).
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org