Who is this course aimed at?
This qualification introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
No previous experience or qualifications required. Highfield (awarding body) requires that each candidate produces photographic identity and so a passport, driving licence or other form of photo ID is required. Delegates will be unable to sit the exam without this evidence.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to understand the:-
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handling
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
- Explain the terms "hazard" and "risk" in the context of manual handling work
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
- Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when: a) applying effort to or moving a load or object manually on their own b) using manual handling aids and equipment c) undertaking a manual handling tasks as part of a team
Multiple choice examinations
Available on site
Lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at email@example.com