Who is this course aimed at?
It is ideal for new employees as well as existing employees who require a basic knowledge of Data Protection, especially to refresh or update in line with the GDPR which comes into practice May 2018
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
The General Data Protection Regulations regulate how personal data is handled by organisations and gives individuals new rights including the right to access any personal information held about them. Every organisation in the UK who processes personal data must comply with the regulations. The Information Commissioner is now levying fines on organisations who have failed to comply and recent high profile cases are highlighting bad practice in this area. Good practice for companies is for the training of all who handle personal data, either as controller for the company or for those gathering or processing personal information. This half day workshop is designed to teach delegates the basics of the regulations including what is personal data, rights of individuals, responsibilities of data controllers, enforcement and penalties.
The training will cover the following areas:
- The Six GDPR Principles – what has changed from the Data Protection Act 1998; personal data, fair processing notices, transferring data and handling requests
- Subject Access Explained - what to release, unreasonable requests, exceptions
- Data Security – your responsibilities and employee responsibilities
- Penalties - role of the Information Commissioner, powers of the Information Commissioner and employee data
- Interface with other Legislation - Freedom of Information Act, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and Human Rights
No formal assessment
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd - email@example.com thank you for your support