Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at care workers who are involved with clients who suffer from epilepsy.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
No experience needed
Candidates will gain knowledge on the main effects of epilepsy and the importance of supporting services users to take medication as directed by their doctor. This course will also explore the different types of seizures and behaviour changes an individual may suffer from as a result of epilepsy.
The epilepsy awareness syllabus includes:
- What Epilepsy is and how it is caused
- How to recognise some of the different categories of epilepsy
- Triggers for epilepsy. Know how to safely care for someone having a seizure, including emergency first aid
- When to call for an ambulance
- What documentation is required following a seizure
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org