Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those who want to learn the fundamentals of emergency first aid for use in schools. It is suitable for teachers, teaching assistants, lunchtime supervisors, etc. It enables staff to respond to emergencies that may occur in school This course is designed to recognise that in primary and secondary schools you can have pupils/students that are in the child or adult protocols, as well as staff and parents/carers/visitors.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
No previous experience or qualifications required.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the school first aider assisting children (1 year – puberty) and adults (puberty upwards) including reference to:
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious - child and adult
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) - child and adult
- is choking - child and adult
- has a minor wound or nose bleed
- is having an anaphylactic reaction (including use of an Epipen or Jext)
- is having an asthma attack (including use of a school emergency inhaler)
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd email@example.com