Who is this course aimed at?
This certificate is developed for those in an associate teaching role in the Further Education sector in England, though it can be used more widely. It prepares trainee teachers for teaching in a wide range of contexts. In order to meet the course requirements individuals must be teaching in either a paid or voluntary capacity. This role can be teaching either groups and/or individual learners.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
There are no nationally agreed entry requirements, however, it is anticipated that a large majority of learners will already have completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training or a PTLLS qualification.All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme will undergo an initial assessment of English, Maths and ICT. This will be used to inform their own personal development plan. There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of teaching practice – a combination of teaching on the course and in their place of work. This teaching must be organised by the individual as HWGTA cannot provide teaching hours for the trainee teacher.
The qualification carries 36 credit points and includes a selection of modules. The course will be tailored to meet the needs of the group and will be a combination of taught sessions blended together with portfolio building tutorials and assessments in the work place.
Outline programme and course objectives:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in the Lifelong learning sector
- Delivering Lifelong learning
- Understanding inclusive learning and teaching in Lifelong learning
- Using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in Lifelong learning
- Principles of assessment in Lifelong learning
- Assessing learners in Lifelong learning
- Planning to meet the needs of learners
- Using resources for Lifelong learning
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
- Engaging learners in the learning and development process
- Coaching and mentoring roles
All learners will attend a pre course interview to identify English, Maths and ICT skills and to cross reference any potential evidence of competence from their PTLLS or Level 3 Award in Education and Training. For the Certificate each learner will compile a portfolio of evidence of their teaching practice which will include a combination of work place products, teaching sessions, reflective logs, knowledge assessments and written accounts.
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
Emma Codd (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Tel: 01432 377027