Who is this course aimed at?
This one day interactive course will give you a sound understanding allowing you to run a disciplinary or grievance procedure. The course is being delivered by an Employment Law expert and takes the form of a workshop with a number of interesting scenarios.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
This programme will introduce the following skills for managers who will be involved in dealing with investigation and disciplinary hearings. It will cover the following topics:
- Develop a basic understanding of Employment Law and how this should be put into practice when dealing with employee relation issues
- Demonstrate the skill and knowledge required to conduct a thorough investigation
- Confidently deal with employee relations issues using the correct process, procedure
- Develop effective questioning and listening skills
- Apply a systematic approach to preparing and conducting investigative/disciplinary and grievance hearing
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:- • Examine up to date case law in relation to disciplinary and grievance procedures • Examine issues relating to cross grievances during a disciplinary • Clarify what you are able to do when employees take sick leave to delay matters • Consider The Equality Act for psychiatric conditions and implications • Review a number of unusual scenarios
No formal assessment
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org