Who is this course aimed at?
Anyone in a supervisor, team leader, or manager role This one day course focusses on how to maximise the performance of employees. To be successful in doing so requires an understanding of the planning and the methodology of the subject. The course will cover the necessary ideas and techniques to ensure the best performance from each employee is seen.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to take part.
How to handle poor performance in the form of ability and attitude will be considered and discussed carefully. The approach to each of these is quite different, but by taking a collaborative approach with workers, much better long term outcomes will result. Communication is key and we will consider how to give feedback which is honest and constructive rather than confrontational and damaging.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Define what Performance Management is
- Understand why Performance Management is an essential management task
- Explain the four vital elements of Performance Management
- State how to set and measure Performance Standards
- Feedback effectively on progress
- Deal with unacceptable performance levels
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd via email: email@example.com - thank you!