Managers achieve results through others, therefore coaching staff should be a key objective for managers- all too often this key area is not given the priority it deserves. An effective manager knows how to coach staff to maximise performance. This training equips individuals with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as workplace coaches as part of their normal work role.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify the role, responsibilities and characteristics of an effective coach
- Assess learning styles and agree learning outcomes with coachees
- Overcome potential barriers to coaching
- Communicate effectively and provide constructive feedback
- Explore and use a simple model of coaching
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd via email: firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you!