Who is this course aimed at?
Basic Microsoft Word - Introduction course. This course is designed as a practical introduction to Word and will familiarise delegates with use of Word 2007. 2010, 2013 and 2016 enabling them to work with confidence between different versions of the software to produce attractive, professional business documents.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
This course provides delegates with an introduction to Microsoft Word . It assumes no prior knowledge, and does not require any mathematics or IT qualifications to attend.
This course allows beginners to experience Word in an enjoyable, informative and friendly environment working with a range of practical business scenarios. The emphasis is placed upon allowing delegates to explore and understand Word. It is jargon free, and paced to suit delegates’ needs. All delegates will be provided with a comprehensive workbook which will act as a valuable reference resource beyond the course
The session aims to allow delegates to produce a range of professional and attractive documents for a variety of business purposes. It allows delegates to format documents professionally and produce clear, engaging layouts as well as enabling quick and easy navigation around documents and use of common Word operations By the end of the session delegates will be able to:-
- Use versions 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016, describing differences and major changes from 2013
- Use the Quick Access toolbar, keyboard basics and shortcuts to navigate quickly and easily
- Create, save and print a range of document types
- Enter and format text using a range of fonts and styles
- Format documents using a range of headings and layouts
- Edit documents using cut, copy, and paste, finding and replacing text
- Set page and paragraph options including line spacing, borders and shading, tabs and margins
- Create page and section breaks using non-printing characters, enabling versatile layouts
- Create a range of bulleted and numbered lists
- Insert and format tables and graphics
- Add page numbers, headers, footers and cover pages for a professional finish
- Spell and grammar check documents for accuracy.
No formal assessment
Available on site
Buffet lunch and Teas / Coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Emma Codd at firstname.lastname@example.org