Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at delegates with a current First Aid at Work certificate. Whether it was renewed with a refresher course or completed for the first time, this course keeps you up to date and refreshed for the two further years that your certificate is valid.
Do you need previous experience or qualifications to attend this course?
Current first aider with First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work
The HSE highly recommend that delegates attend an annual 3 hour basic skills update session to ensure continued competence in basic skills including: On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider assisting adults including reference to:
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- administer an external automated defibrillator (AED)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
Is to keep current skills up to date. Maintain consistency across the company so that all first aiders are working to the most up to date regulations.
No formal assessment, observations throughout the session
Available on site
Teas / coffees provided.
To make a booking please complete the booking form and return to Melanie Morgan at Melanie@hgta.org