The jobs market is highly competitive and this is no different when applying for an apprenticeship.
So what steps can you take to make you stand out and win the race for an apprenticeship?
- Try and get some work experience in the career area you are applying for. HWGTA work with many local companies, so mention that you are looking to eventually complete an apprenticeship through us – this may encourage them to accommodate you
- If you’re at school or college, do your best and give 100% – this is what employers are interested in as well as academic ability
- Before an interview at HWGTA ensure you have some knowledge on your chosen vocational area (eg Engineering or Accountancy), either by attending our Open Days or researching on the internet
- Ensure you turn up to your HWGTA or employer interview on time, smartly dressed and well prepared
- Before an interview at a prospective employer, ensure you have studied that employer’s background and history
- If you are nervous about having an employer interview, please tell the staff at HWGTA and they will support you with interview training
- Be determined to succeed and committed to development