We have a large number of local companies who take on apprentices directly through Herefordshire and Worcestershire Group Training Association (HWGTA). The recruitment process is a series of steps to match you to a suitable job vacancy and training programme.
We would strongly suggest that you attend our annual Open Days which are held in February in both our Hereford and Worcester Sites.
Hereford Site: Tuesday 12th February and Wednesday 20st February 2019
Worcester Site: Thursday 13th February and Tuesday 19th February 2019
This will give you the opportunity to:
- Find out specific details of the programme you are interested in
- Meet current apprentices
- Meet employers who are recruiting for that year (many of our applicants find that they receive invitations to employer interview through attending open days and meeting employer representatives)
- Meet HWGTA staff
- View the training facilities
- Have any questions or concerns answered
Although our main intake runs from March – August – ready for a September start, we do have companies that look to take apprentices on at various times throughout the year. Therefore, we advise ensuring that you get your application form in ASAP to ensure maximum coverage to companies looking to recruit.
Commerce Programme – Business and Administration, Accountancy, Customer Service and Warehousing
Application forms are accepted throughout the year however AAT apprenticeships do follow the academic year starting in September.
The recruitment steps are detailed below:
- We receive your completed application form. All applications are acknowledged and you will be invited to Initial Assessment at a convenient date and time.
- You will attend HWGTA for your Initial Assessment. This is a series of tests/assessments that are not designed for you to pass or fail; they simply allow recognition of your strengths and identify any areas for development. The results of all tests are given to you during your interview and shown to prospective employers.
- You will be invited to an interview, which will last about 30 minutes, with one of our members of staff. This will be your chance to find out more about the programme as well as our chance to find out more about you, your interests and any career ambitions you may have.
- All your details will be collated and sent out to companies who have a vacancy for an apprentice that matches your profile. Our Recruitment team are experts in matching candidates to a suitable placement.
- When a company is interested in your details, HWGTA will arrange an interview for you. At this stage it is entirely up to the company who and when they interview. Company interviews usually take place on their premises.
- Our Recruitment staff monitor the details of which employers your information has been sent to, so that we can keep informed about the progress of your application.
- Successful candidates will receive a call, usually via HWGTA and/or the company concerned offering you a placement. This is in addition to written confirmation displaying details about your programme as well as information on salary, benefits, holidays etc. A member of staff is always available for a confidential chat before accepting any offers.
- You will start your new job and training on the date that is agreed between you, your company and HWGTA.
- Please note a place on the Apprenticeship Programme cannot be guaranteed by HWGTA as it is the employer that makes the final decision – therefore, not all applicants may be successful.
Please call us on 01432 274310 or 01905 729993 for more information.