Ofsted Inspection Carried out in March 2016
HWGTA were judged by Ofsted to be “outstanding” in all areas.
Following the inspection, Duane Sanger, HWGTA Chief Executive said “We are absolutely thrilled with the outcome and delighted that the excellent partnerships and work of our learners, staff and employers have been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. As a Group Training Association, we are an employer led business, which means that what we do meets the needs of local businesses and therefore the career aspirations of local people. ”
Duane added “The Judgement of “outstanding” is not given lightly and throughout the extremely rigorous inspection process, the team from Ofsted were highly complementary of all areas of our Apprenticeship programme. This outcome means that HWGTA is one of only approximately 13% of post 16 education establishments in the country to achieve this judgement since 2005, and is the only provider of its type to currently hold an “outstanding” outcome from Ofsted, under the new Common Inspection Framework.”
|Effectiveness of leadership and management||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching, learning and assessment||Outstanding|
|Personal development, behaviour and welfare||Outstanding|
|Outcomes for learners||Outstanding|
- Apprentices develop excellent personal and social skills through a range of highly engaging enrichment activities.
- Apprentices are very proud of their achievements as most earn a graduate level salary at the end of their apprenticeship.
- Apprentices’ achievement of qualifications is outstanding; the mix of qualifications they achieve enhances their employment and promotion prospects significantly.
- Apprentices become highly skilled engineers or business administration and accounts executives; their progression into higher level programmes, a variety of sustainable job roles in the field and promotion is excellent.
- Employers are thoroughly engaged in designing high-quality apprenticeship programmes for their businesses so that apprentices are well-equipped to work alongside more experienced colleagues. Board members provide exceptional levels of support and challenge to managers that lead to excellent learning experiences for apprentices.
- Apprentices’ attitudes to learning and work are excellent; their progress and progression are very strong as a result of high-quality learning experiences.
- The links between theory and practical skills development are exceptional; this enables the apprentices to gain knowledge and hone their skills to become highly competent professionals.
- Highly motivated apprentices take full responsibility for their learning and careers and become very effective independent learners, preparing them well for life and work.
- Most training staff are ex-apprentices and very well-qualified industry experts; they understand the needs of apprentices and businesses well and ensure that their teaching reflects current industry standards.
- Assessment and coaching in the workplace are exceptionally strong and help apprentices to sharpen their engineering and accountancy skills.
- Apprentices pay good attention to health and safety and safe working practices and feel safe.
- Apprentices benefit from very good support enabling them to develop English and mathematics skills that prepare them for their next steps in learning and their future careers.
- Managers are strongly focused on continuous improvement and have improved the provision significantly since the previous inspection.